I’m very easily excited, so here I am, writing in my blog about the little kiddies who come to my house begging for candy while looking adorable. So, here, I’ve decided to post a running list of my trick-or-treat-ers. At least until I get bored with it.
But first, you should know that last year at my appartment, I got approximately 170 children. We live in a townhouse. The set-up here is so awesome for Halloween that if I had kids and lived within 2 miles of this place, I’d probably bring them here. It’s well lit, all the doors are right next to each other, and there are tons of families and exciteable people like me giving out candy.
I’m not the most awesome candy-giver out there. We get far too many kids to be buying the full-sized candy bars. But I do have a nice variety and I let any kid who’s under the aproximate age of 8 or 9 pick which one they want. (Beyond that, I figure they might make a grab for everything in the bowl.) This year’s candy selection is:
- Peanut M&Ms
- Almond Joy
- Milky Way
- Tootsie Roll Pops (in reserve)
- Mini chocolate bars (in reserve)
- Smarties (for the kids that come after I get past 150 kids – at this point, I’ll probably start getting bored and turn out the light)
So now, for the running list of kids!
- a purple pirate and a very young bear
- Dracula and a lady bug
- a sparkly witch, a vampiress, and a nurse
- two cats, a witch, and the littlest giraffe I’ve ever seen
- a whole pack of kids including ninjas, witches, gypsies, and masked theves! (Note to self, stop trusting kids under the age of 8-9 – a 6-year-old just ripped me off! Good thing 6-year-old hands are too little to grab more than three…)
- two witches and a spider princess (??)
- bride and groom ghosts (My favorite so far)
- a devil maiden, a princess, and a cowgirl
- a 3-foot tall muscle-man and his older brother with some sort of ghoul mask
- a skeleton
- the scream
- a S.W.A.T. team member and his ghoulish brother
- Little Red Riding Hood
- an astronaut and a princess
- Darth Vadar
- a cowgirl
- a not-so-teenage mutant ninja turtle (unless 3 is considered teenaged now…)
- the scream (complete with working blood effect!) and
Freddy KruegerJason (I think… I’m not a big watcher of scary movies… thanks to Tara for the correct movie guy)
- a princess all pretty in pink
- another Darth Vadar
- another mistress-devil and a dead girl
So much for live-blogging. It’s time to make dinner, and I can’t do three things at once!
Update: At 8:00 PM, when I got bored with handing out candy, the approximate number of children was at 130. I gave the last two kids that came by 5 tootsie-pops each.
What you should know, is that throughout this, I’ve had a grin plastered on my face like you would not believe. I love Halloween!